Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Manually Enter References
Users can manually key in references into their RefWorks account.
- Click on located under the toolbar, near the top of the page.
- Select an output style from the drop down menu next to View fields used by. Then, underneath the output style, choose the Folder you want the reference to be added to. Next, choose the Ref Type or Reference Type (i.e. article, book, etc.).
- Enter the reference information in the fields provided. You can access additional fields by clicking the Additional Fields link at the bottom, left-hand side of the page.
- At the bottom of your citation, select the Folder you want the reference to be added to from the Add to Folder drop down menu.
- Click on Save Reference when finished.
Importing from Online Data Vendors
RefWorks supports hundreds of databases provided by numerous data vendors. Import filter development is an ongoing process and new filters are being added continually.
For more information see RefWorks help: Importing from Online Data Vendors.
Mannual Entry of References