Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online research citation management tool that allows you to collect, store, and manage bibliographic information.
With RefWorks, you can:
- Create and manage your own database of bibliographic references;
- Export references from article databases, library catalogs and from the Web;
- Generate in-text citations and formatted bibliographies;
- Share your references in a variety of ways; with RefShare you can share a database, a folder of information, or a single record with others at or outside of Skidmore College.
1. Turn off Pop-up Blocker on your browser which may interfere with the operation of RefWorks.
2. For PC users, the Firefox browser seems to work the best with RefWorks.
3. Consult RefWorks Help for more information on using the system. The Tutorial is especially helpful and provides a discrete and targeted audio/visual learning experience.
4. Consider "Backing Up Your Account," for more information consult the last segment of the Advanced RefWorks Tutorial.
5. Save your RefWorks email registration message for future reference to your login name, password, and Skidmore group code, which is necessary for off-campus access to RefWorks.
Click on the icon to sign in to legacy RefWorks:
Choose this if you created your RefWorks account prior to Fall 2016 and are currently formatting a document using WriteNCite.
Note: New and legacy Refworks accounts are not linked.
Accessing Legacy RefWorks
Have questions regarding RefWorks or need some technical support? Contact RefWorks Support Team for help.