Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search the official U.S. Government web portal.
Other Search Tools
- FDsys - U.S. Government Printing Office provides access to federal government information
- Science.gov - a gateway to authoritative selected science information provided by U.S. Government agencies, including research and development results
ProQuest Congressional This link opens in a new window
ProQuest Congressional offers a comprehensive collection of congressional documents from 1789 to the present. Congressional hearings offer a unique perspective on all aspects of U.S. social, economic, and political history by presenting differing views from representatives of all societal sectors, including business, industry, labor, education, health, criminal justice, and government.
PAIS Index This link opens in a new window
The PAIS Index covers issues in the public debate through selective coverage of a wide variety of international sources including journal articles, books, government documents, statistical directories, grey literature, research reports, conference papers, web content, and more.
- Library Catalog
To locate government publications, both U.S. and New York State, in the Scribner LIbrary search the library catalog. Please be aware that not all of our government documents are cataloged. Government documents may be published in a variety of formats, including print, microfiche, or DVD, as well as on the web.
After checking the library catalog, search the FDsys Monthly Catalog database for government documents published since 1976.
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications and related titles:
The Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (CGP) is the finding tool for electronic and print publications from the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the U.S. government. These publications make up the National Bibliography of U.S. Government Publications. The CGP contains descriptive records for historical and current publications and provides direct links to those that are available online. At present the Monthly Catalogshould be consulted for pre-1976 indexing.
- Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications. (1977-1995)
4th Floor: Z 1223 A18
- Cumulative Subject Index to the Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications, 1900-1971.
4th Floor: Z1223.A13 B8 1973
- Document Catalogue: Catalogue of the Public Documents of the ... Congress and of all Departments of the Government of the United States (1893 - 1940).
4th Floor: Z 1223 A13